How do I file an IB47 tax return?

To save your time, Temper has largely automated this process. All we need for this is a correct VAT number in your Temper account. We will send you a reminder well in advance.

If you are logged in to Temper, you can find the relevant page by going to the profile menu (Hi -Your name-), and clicking on 'IB47 declaration'. On this page you can download a data file per location. This document may look messy, but you can use this file for your tax return. You can submit this file digitally in the data portal of the Tax and Customs Administration, in accordance with the instructions on this page.

Please note: if you do not file your tax return on time, the Tax and Customs Administration may impose a fine on you.

Why IB47?

FreeFlexers who work via Temper and do not yet have a VAT number when creating a new profile, can work one shift without invoicing VAT. These specific FreeFlexers must be reported to and registered by the tax authorities. This should be done once a year, and at the latest before February 1, for the previous year.

Can Temper file an IB47 tax return for me?

As a business, you will need to file your own tax returns. This can be done via your personal data portal of the tax authorities. Unfortunately, Temper cannot do this for you for these reasons. However, we have made it as easy as possible for you and have prepared the data file for each location in your account. All you have to do is submit the file to the data portal of the Tax Office.

For more information about the IB47 tax return, we recommend that you consult this web page of the Tax and Customs Administration.

If you're facing issues, you can always contact the Tax Authorities by phone on 0800 0543, available from Monday to Thursday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Did this answer your question?